Thursday, January 05, 2006

Anybody want to buy a Twooey?



I recently got back a set of Audrey II puppets I helped build for a production of "Little Shop of Horrors" sometime ago. I've fixed up and decided to sell the two smallest puppets in the set, so if you've always wanted your very own Audrey II here's your chance!

This is the phase one plant (the smallest) which was built using the original Marty Robinson designs as a reference, however it differs slightly in appearance and in operation because of changes requested by the director of the production it was built for. It's made out of airbrushed polyfoam, except for the smaller leafs which are plastic. It suffered some minor damage when it was used, but I have made all the necessary repairs to make it as good as new. The neck is rigged so it can extend and "grow", however it was built without a mech for making the large leaves wilt.

I've uploaded a few extra pictures of the puppet to Flickr.

I should stress that this is not a fan-made replica, it's a prop built professionally for a licensed production of Little Shop in 2003. I will also likely be selling the phase 2 puppet as well and should have it cleaned up and photographed later this week.

No set price, so if you've always wanted your very own Audrey II make me an offer! If you're interested, drop me a line at puppetvision [at] gmail.com.

--

23/03/07 Update - I should have updated this post long ago, but the Audreys are now spoken for. If you are in need of twooeys for a production of Little Shop of Horrors, have a look at The Audrey II Rental Homepage.