
Toy Theatre puppets bring Dante's Inferno to life in an upcoming live-action puppetry film.
I'm really excited about Dante's Inferno, an upcoming independent Toy Theatre film. I first heard about Dante's Inferno when it was being developed about a year and a half ago and now it's exciting to learn that the film has been completed and two trailers are available to download. Although I think when a lot of people watch them they'll assume the film uses some kind of stop motion animation technique, it's been entirely created with live action puppetry.
There's some major talent behind this film; talented artist Sandow Birk has given the film a beautiful looking film, puppeteer Paul Zaloom is a heavy hitter in the world of puppetry, director Sean Meredith has good indie credentials, and Hollywood actors Dermot Mulroney and James Cromwell are lending their voices to the film as well. If you want to learn more about it, read its Dossier or this article from the L.A. Weekly last fall. Keep an eye out for Dante's Inferno on the 2006/07 film festival circuit.
Via Penny Plain, Twopence Coloured.