
The puppet President vlogs daily in The George W. Puppet Show.
The George W. Puppet Show is a new daily puppet podcast from Wicked Puppets featuring a puppet of everyone's not-so-favourite Republican President. The basic premise of the series is that every day the President records a video diary in which he talks about his love of things like Brittany Spears, Lego, and Nintendo Wii and his hatred of Dick Cheney. I really like the idea behind this show, but I also think it's a good example of what I was talking about when I wrote about why profanity isn't humour a little while ago.
With Bush's popularity in the toilet, the war in Iraq raging, Donald Rumsfeld resigning, and Democrats taking back control of the U.S. Congress, good ol' Dubya and his administration are ripe for satire. Unfortunately, so far it feels like this show is pulling it's punches and going for the easy jokes. This show could be comedy gold, but right now it's relying on swearing and tired, one-note Bush jokes that we've already heard hundreds of times before to get laughs.
This has sooo much potential and I think it could be huge if only it aimed its comedy sites just a little bit higher and didn't just do the obvious jokes and profanity. I loved the idea of Bush playing Wii, I think the show would be a lot funnier with more of that kind of thing and less of Bush saying he wants to "F--- Condie."
Go take a look for yourself and see what you think.