
A Beautiful Mind is a new puppet podcast from India.
One country who's puppetry North American audiences rarely get exposed to is India so I thought I would post a couple of examples of Indian puppetry that I've been sent recently:
- A traditional Indian puppet performance with marionettes from YouTube. A similar video can be found here featuring a neat trick marionette.
- A Beautiful Mind is a new podcast by Satyajit Padhye - son of the well-known Indian puppeteer Ramdas Padhye (see previous post) - who plays an illiterate Indian Politician who has a puppet alter ego. I am not sure how well this show translates culturally to a non-Indian audience, but I think it's very interesting because it's one of the first puppet web series I've seen from Asia.
- A political puppet show from Indian television. The quality of the video is not good, but the show looks very interesting and well done.
Thanks to Satyajit and CB for the links!