Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Afternoon Inspiration: Battlestar Galactica's Crazy Closers

Ron Moore and David Eick play rock, paper, scissors
Battlestar Galactica creators Ron Moore and David Eick play a quick and violent game of rock, paper, scissors.

The fourth (and final) season of Battlestar Galactica began a few weeks ago. I've been following the show pretty closely since it debuted as a mini-series back in 2004 and I've always liked the bizarre and funny little animated end-credit logos for R&D TV that air after each episode.

If you don't watch Galactica or just haven't seen these, each one involves Galactica's Executive Producers Ron Moore and David Eick hacking and slashing each other to death in new, innovative and often very violent ways. Each one is created by indie animator Jerry Hultsch. You can watch a collection of R&D TV end-credits on YouTube.

Want to see a little Battlestar/puppet action? Check out Muppetstar Galactica on Muppet Mash-Ups, a little blogging side project that I started recently.