Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre is Fantastic Fun

Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre
Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre creates madcap puppet fun two socks at a time.

Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre might not be top-notch puppetry on a purely technical level, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a funnier, more consistently imaginative (or prolific) series of puppet videos out there. Created by Kev F Sutherland, the videos have a decidedly Scottish/British sensibility to them and frequently send-up pop culture icons from across the pond like Doctor Who and Torchwood. I also really liked the "I'm A Mac / I'm A PC" ad spoof, The Facebook Song and their apparently famous Halloween video.

Kev's created a mind-boggling 240+ videos for the web since 2006; a playlist of his best work is available on YouTube. You can waste a couple hours watching the mapcap fun of Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre and you won't regret a single moment of it.

Special thanks to Robin for introducing me to this!