I've been eagerly waiting to see what Andrew (Moore) is brewing up with the web series he's been working on for awhile, The Felties. In one of his recent blog posts he mentions plans to apply lessons learned from web comics to his puppet web series. It's nice to see this idea catching on, I was proposing a similar thing back in 2003 when I started serious work on Bear Town (although in fairness Steve is really the granddaddy of the puppet/comic mashup concept).
Matter of fact, with everyone from Glove and Boots to the Muppets doing puppetry web series these days I feel compelled to point out that I did what was probably the Internet's first puppetry web series, The Marshall and Buck Show, almost six years ago. I was also one of the first people in the online puppetry community to jump on the blogging bandwagon and while there were almost no puppetry blogs back then, they're sprouting up everywhere these days it seems.
So at the risk of sounding like a self-important git, you might say I have a knack for spotting online puppetry trends early - and I think the next big trend is digital puppetry. So much so that I've launched a new blog about it called Machin-X.
Machin-X serves two purposes. First and foremost I intend it to be a forum for discussion news and ideas about digital puppetry. The posts will be a little longer, a little more in-depth and a little less frequent what I usually post here. Its other purpose is to serve as project blog of sorts for two digital puppetry tools I'm developing, Flash Puppet and Panda Puppet (click the link to read more about them).
So if you have an interest in digital puppetry I hope you'll enjoy Machin-X. If you've got any news or views on puppetry and pixels to share please email me, I'd love to hear from you.