
Lots of people do their first puppet show in their basement, but I don't know if anyone else has tried something quite like Brian Hogg's dotBoom their first time out. Some of the humour might be a little too "inside", but if you've ever worked in the I.T. industry I dare you not to be able to relate to the situations in every episode.
The show continues to grow on me more and more each week and I think it's a real standout among puppet podcasts because it really tries to take an artistic step beyond just doing clever jokes and parody (not that there's anything wrong with either) and is clearly written from a specific point of view about the creator's personal experiences.
I also really like all innovative stuff Brian's being doing with the show, including audio commentaries, behind-the-scenes videos, stickers and even paper dolls! If nothing else, it's the most extensively documented and promoted puppet web series so far. All in all it's a very positive step forward in the still young history of puppetry and podcasting.
dotBoom is currently up for several Vloggie Awards, including:
- Best Vlog
- Comedy Videoblog
- Entertainment (Fiction) Videoblog
- Editing in a Video
- Vlog Website Design